We’ve seen a lot of new faces and some major changes here at the studio the past few months. The positive energy in our classes is electrifying. Everyone is anxious to look for that next challenge and get the best workout possible. Classes are booming and everyone is kicking ass and taking names! Check out the split times below, they’re pretty impressive!!
Just a quick reminder that it’s important for all of you to understand the health and safety procedures associated with indoor rowing. Rowing is low impact, effective and a very safe form of exercise. Observe these simple safety procedures and you can enjoy an effective exercise plan with minimal risk.
• ALWAYS see your doctor before you start any new activity. Get a physical!
• ALWAYS warm up, cool down and stretch. No ANDS, IFS, OR BUTTS!
• HYDRATE! Don’t wait until you are thirsty. 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water!
• I’ve provided you with a log book. USE IT! This is where you will see your SUCCESS!!!
• When beginning an indoor rowing program, start SLOW. Work on technique before increasing intensity.
Indoor rowing is not about winning or losing. It’s about competition with yourself. It’s about showing up to do your very best, to give 100%, to have nothing left. It’s about supporting your crew members in that final 500m race, pulling for them when you have all but lost faith in yourself. Remember, if this wasn’t hard, everyone would be doing it. What we know and they don’t, it’s the hard that makes it GREAT!
It’s gonna’ be a RESULTS oriented month!